Unitedfront, the campaign group launched last year to raise consumers’ awareness of the challenges facing fenestration suppliers, has entered 2022 with the backing of nine more major suppliers.
They join the 19 founding signatories to form a collective force made up of over £600million sales and more than 5,000 employees
Bosses from Garnalex, Thermoseal Group, Modplan, Roseview Windows, Saveheat Group, Central Window Systems, Donwood Group, Double R Glass & Roofing Systems and Oakland Glass, are the latest signatories joining forces to highlight industry issues, especially the more recent phenomena such as Covid restrictions, Brexit, global supply bottlenecks and materials and energy price hikes https://www.the-glazine.com/?p=4403 .
They call for industry to show a #unitedfront of solidarity in that every supplier is weathering the same storm and that, by giving customers an understanding, they can quickly work together to provide solutions and get back to delivering continuity of supply.
“We have had such a fantastic response since we launched the campaign in October and the overwhelming reaction has been positive with suppliers in our sector,” said Clayton Glass MD Ryan Green, one of the original signatories.
“As soon as the letter landed, we received calls from colleagues, social media support and debate about how we could all work more collaboratively to help ease the supply chain issues as soon as possible.”
Tina Moorhouse and Amanda Falsey, joint Managing Directors of Oakland Glass in Dewsbury, added: “The sector has enjoyed some of the fastest growth we’ve ever seen, but this has been against a backdrop of global supply chain disruption and all of us are facing up to the same challenges.
“We are doing everything we can to increase production and, by working together, we are already seeing improvements and making sure we deliver the home improvement products our customers are demanding.”
Signatories to the letter now include:
- Gary Morton – Central Window Systems
- Ryan Green – Clayton Glass
- Greg Kane – Conservatory Outlet
- Steven Williams – Consort
- Jeff Hooson – Custom Glass
- Dan Sullivan – Doorco
- Andrew Donnelly – Donwood Glass
- Ian Sims – Double R Glass & Roofing Systems
- Ryan Johnson – Emplas
- Kevin Harvey – Future Products
- Roger Hartshorne – Garnalex
- Jeff Dunn – Glazerite UK Group
- Mark Rowland – Lancashire Trade Frames
- Roy Frost – Lister Window Systems
- Heidi Sachs – Modplan
- John Whalley – Nationwide Windows & Doors
- Paul Williams – Northern Express Glass
- Tina Moorhouse and Amanda Falsey – Oakland Glass
- Jeff Walsh – Pearl Windows
- Chris Cooke – Prefix Systems
- Guy Hubble – Regalead
- Mike Bygrave – Roseview Windows
- Alex Gray – SaveHeat Group
- Steve Jones – Sierra Windows
- Steve Taylor – Solar Frame
- Mike Parczuk – Sternfenster
- Mark Hickox – Thermoseal Group
- Sean Parnaby – West Port Timber Windows & Doors